1. Why can't I play Netflix/Hulu/Prime Video videos on this mini projector?
Due to copyright protections, streaming services do not support screen mirroring. You can hook up a streaming stick like a Fire TV Stick or Roku Stick to the mini projector via the HDMI port, or use an HDMI cable to connect your PC/Laptop to stream on the mini projector.
2. Why can't I connect my phone to the mini projector to use the WiFi function, despite following the steps?
Please first check if your phone model has a screen mirroring function before ordering the mini projector with WiFi Bluetooth.
*Samsung A series and Google smartphones are not supported
3. Why can't my USB disk be recognized when I insert it into the mini projector?
The mini projector is compatible with black-colored USB 2.0 flash drives with a memory of less than 64 GB.
*USB 3.0 flash drives (blue-colored interface) are not supported by the mini projector.
4. What should I do if the screen shows "no signal"?
After connecting your device to the mini projector, select the appropriate signal source [HDMI] or [USB].
* If the mini projector shows No Signal at the beginning, press the [Back] key on the remote control to return to the main menu and re-select the signal source.
* If trying the above steps doesn’t work, please use the [Win]+[P] shortcut key, which is a shortcut key used for the window connected to the projector, and check whether the signal source is correct.
*If there is no signal from the HDMI connection, please connect the part that connects to the projector to the TV.
5. Why is there a delay on the projected screen when I connect my smartphone?
WiFi environment will affect the connection quality, please connect the mini projector to a stable 2.4G WiFi environment. In addition, it is recommended to download the video to be projected in advance to reduce network lag.